Pat JehlenJoint Committee on Elder Affairs Chair
- Second Middlesex
Pat Jehlen has represented Medford, Somerville, and parts of Winchester and Cambridge in the Senate since 2005. She is a former state representative, school committee member, and history teacher.
She is currently Senate Chair of the Committee on Elder Affairs and the Committee on Labor and Workforce Development and serves on
several other committees. She focuses on:
• Everyone has a right to a good, adequately funded education
• Children should have more time to learn, with less time and attention on testing
• Everyone should be able to earn a living wage, including benefits
• People deserve a continuum of affordable options as they age, from home care to adult day health to assisted living to rest homes to nursing facilities.
• Public transit should be affordable and reliable—including the Green Line Extension
• Health care should be affordable and universal
• Our rivers, including the Mystic, should be clean and accessible
Pat and her husband, Alain, have three children. They live in Somerville with their daughter and granddaughters.